Search Site
Orders of Protection

Norwalk Attorneys Help Abuse Victims Get Protection Orders

California lawyers assist clients in obtaining restraining orders

The Norwalk lawyers at Law Offices of Paul Jay Fukushima work hard to protect those who have been abused or fear that they may be abused. Our attorneys help clients file for an order of a protection from any person who they believe will hurt them. Each state’s restraining order places different restrictions on accused abusers, and many states offer more than one type of order. The orders have different names such as “restraining order,” “order of protection,” “injunction” and “protection order.” In general, the order will force a person to stay away from you physically and cease any contact. Our attorneys do whatever it takes to protect you and your family.

Understanding orders of protection

Every US state and territory some form of restraining order to protect victims of abuse by keeping the accused abuser away from the abused. Each state recognizes orders issued by every other state. The purpose of these orders is to limit the behavior of the harmful or threatening person so that you do not have to live in fear of further abuse. Our attorneys can help you understand exactly how orders of protection work in California. Some of types of protection offered in many states include:

  • Stay away provisions. This part of an order requires someone to stay a certain distance away from the person who asked for the order. They may also need to stay away from their home, their school and their place of business. This order can often be extended to protect your children as well.
  • Cease abuse provisions.These provisions specifically require an abuser to stop abusing or threatening to abuse the protected person or persons.
  • No contact provisions.Most states allow orders preventing someone from attempting any contact with the protected person. This includes personal contact as well as contact by phone, computer, mail or even contact through a third party.

Other common provisions found in some jurisdictions require the person the order is aimed at to give up their weapons or to pay spousal or child support. Some states even issue orders allowing you to take sole possession of vehicles or a living space by forcing the person listed in the order to move out. Restraining orders can be issued by different courts depending on the state. In most cases, a family court handles orders involving spouses. They may also be issued in civil or criminal cases. Our attorneys will seek every possible legal remedy to protect you from someone who wishes to harm you.

If you are a victim of abuse or fear you are in danger, call us immediately.

At Law Offices of Paul Jay Fukushima, we provide skilled and efficient help. Call us at 562-239-9113 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Norwalk office.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Norwalk Office
    12749 Norwalk Boulevard
    Suite 111
    Norwalk, California 90650
    Phone: 562-864-2575
    Fax: 562-864-3587